Turmeric and LEMON pancakes
|Prep / Cook / Total||5 / 5 / 10min|
- • 100g all-purpose flour
• 1 egg
• 250ml nondairy milk (optional)
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1/2 turmeric powder or 1 inch piece fresh turmeric, grated
• 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
• Zest of 1 lemon
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour through the salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, honey
and coconut oil. Grate in fresh turmeric (or powder) and lemon zest and mix together.
- In a large bowl, add the flour and whisk the wet mixture into the flour until smooth.
- Heat a cast iron pan or non-stick frypan with a teaspoon of coconut oil over medium-high heat and wait until the pan gets really hot. Test this by dropping a tiny amount of the mixture into the pan. If it starts to sizzle the pan is hot enough.
- The mixture makes 3 pancakes (3 ladles worth. ) Ladle the first batch into the pan making sure it is spread evenly and thinly.
- Once bubbles have formed all over the surface, flip and cook on the other side until just golden. Repeat with
remaining batter and serve with the juice of the lemon and a drizzle of syrup of your choice.