|Prep / Cook / Total||15/ 30 / 45min|
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (or a thumb-sized piece of fresh turmeric, finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 large sweet potatoes diced
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Juice of ½ lime
- Large handful of fresh coriander roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Additional vegetables can be added 🙂
- Place a large pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper and fry for 6-8 minutes until tender.
- Add the garlic, chilli, turmeric and curry powder and fry for a further 2 minutes until the spices release their aroma.
- Add the sweet potato chunks and stir until coated in the spices, then pour in the vegetable stock, coconut milk and chickpeas. Bring back to a steady simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is just tender.
- Check the seasoning and stir through the lime juice and coriander.
- Serve in deep bowls.