Spicy Golden Veggie Rice
|Prep / Cook / Total||5 / 25 / 30min|
|Recipe type||Vegan-Friendly & Gluten Free|
|Cuisine||Side or Main|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 3 medium carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 large capsicums cut into large chunks, (red, yellow or orange are best in this)
- 150g | 1 cup frozen peas (or chopped green beans)
- 150g | 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp Organic Turmeric powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, or a small fresh or dried chilli chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 250g | 1 ¼ uncooked rice, white or brown
- 600mls | 2½ cups water, plus more if needed
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the carrots, garlic and bell peppers and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Add the rice, tomatoes, peas, spices, seasoning and water.
- Cook until the liquid starts to bubble, give it a really good stir, turn down low, cover with a lid and cook until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally. If it gets to the stage where the water is absorbed, and the rice isn’t quite tender, you can boil a kettle and add another ¼ cup or so of water to finish it off.
- Serve immediately.