Turmeric and Ginger Energy Balls
|Prep / Cook / Total||25 min|
|Recipe type||Raw & Vegan Friendly|
|Makes||about 36 balls|
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate-covered espresso beans (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates (preferably Medjool)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- (If using) Pulse espresso beans in a food processor until very finely ground. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet or plate; set aside.
- Pulse coconut, almonds, and pumpkin seeds in food processor until very coarsely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Pulse dates in food processor until finely chopped. Scrape down sides of bowl and add chia seeds. With the motor running, slowly stream in 1/4 cup very hot water and process until a paste forms. Add almond butter, ginger, turmeric, and salt; process until very smooth. Add coconut mixture and pulse until just combined.
- Scoop date mixture by the level tablespoon, roll into balls in between palms, then roll in reserved chopped espresso beans, pressing slightly to adhere. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet or plate and chill at least 1 hour.
Bites can be made 7 days ahead. Chill in an airtight container or freeze up to 3 months.