Best Ever Curried Sausages
|Prep / Cook / Total||10/ 45 / 55min|
|Serves||3 – 4|
- 8 thick beef sausages
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large onions, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoons turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 red chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 250ml PHILADELPHIA Light Cream for Cooking, cream alternative
- 2 sliced carrots
- ½ Cup of peas
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- Mashed Potato or steamed rice for serving
- PLACE the sausages in a large frying pan and cook gently until golden brown. Cool and cut into 1cm diagonal slices (optional).
- HEAT the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the spices, garlic and chilli and cook gently for a further 1-2minutes until fragrant.
- STIR in the water, coconut milk, carrot and sausages, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- STIR through the PHILLY, peas and sugar and cook a further 2-3 minutes until well heated then toss through half the coriander.
- SPOON over mashed potato or rice and garnish with remaining coriander leaves. Serve immediately.